What Are These Ants In My Reno Home?
Your beautiful Reno home is your pride and joy. You’ve worked hard to maintain your home; many great family moments have happened here, producing many wonderful memories. However, as much as you love your home, it seems like some uninvited guests have also been enjoying the fruits of your labor. You’ve been noticing ants in the house; one here and one there. You dispatched them quickly, but they keep coming back. There's a good chance an ant infestation is happening under your roof and now you have to focus on what to do to get rid of them. Learn what kinds of ants may be making your home into their home, and how Natura Pest Control can provide you with the best ant control in Reno.
How To Identify The Type Of Ant Infesting Your Reno Home
Out of the estimated 700 species of ants crawling around on Earth, the two most prominent ant species causing problems in Reno homes are red fire ants and pavement ants. Red fire ants are dark-reddish brown, measure from 1/8 to 3/8 of an inch in length, and are known for their ability to inflict painful bites and stings. Pavement ants in your house are a dark brown to blackish color and around 1/8 of an inch in length. These ants are considered nuisance pests, since they aren’t too dangerous but can contaminate food and surfaces with the bacteria they carry on their bodies.
Why Ants Are Infesting Your Reno Home
Red fire ants in Reno, as well as pavement ants, are most active during the spring and summer seasons when the weather is the warmest and there is an abundance of food to find. Ants are perpetually looking for consumables to bring back to their nest, so if they find it in your Reno home, it will be like hitting the jackpot for them; that’s when they become a problem. If they find a supply of easily attainable food in places like open trash cans or even pet food, they will not hesitate to invite themselves into your home. This is when finding a company that provides the best pest control for ants will become a priority.
What To Do About Ants In Reno Homes
The easiest way for you to eliminate pavement ants or red fire ants in Reno is to partner with a reliable pest control company. Look no further than Natura Pest Control. We aim to serve our customers with excellence and there are many ways we accomplish this, including:
- Effectively controlling pest populations.
- Applying the smallest environmental footprint possible through the use of our Natura Organic Blend Service.
- Offering simple and convenient customer service options.
- Employing the best service experts in the area and training them efficiently.
- Caring about you, your family, your pets, and the environment.
- Only using the best products in the industry, including 100% organic options for the interior of your home.
Natura Pest Control offers the best ant control in Reno and will get these nasty ants out and keep them out. Contact us today to discuss your ant control options.
How To Keep Ants Away From Reno Homes
Partnering with Natura Pest Control is the best pest control for ants in Reno, but you can do your part to eliminate things that attract them, such as:
- Wiping down counters and tables daily.
- Keeping lids on trash and recycling bins.
- Sealing cracks and openings in foundation walls with caulk and blocking entry points.
- Installing door sweeps on all exterior doors.
- Reducing moisture on your property by fixing leaky pipes, using dehumidifiers, and unclogging gutters.
- Placing weather stripping around windows and doors.
These are just a few things you can do to prevent an influx of red fire ants and pavement ants in your house. Hopefully, these tips work, but if they don’t, Natura Pest Control will be here when you need us.